Our words matter. What we say to ourselves and about ourselves matter. We easily associate a health journey with weight loss and fitness, but we rarely focus on the health of how we treat and talk to ourselves.
How do we find a way through with including this?
It starts with prioritizing our mindset. We need to cultivate self-compassion. We learn to be kind and understanding to ourselves throughout the process. This helps us find joy and playfulness in even the most difficult or mundane tasks, infusing positivity into our daily lives. Gratitude and mindfulness can help us stay present and appreciate the journey.
What can we do?
- Be Kind to Yourself: Treat yourself like you would treat a child or a best friend. Show yourself some love and understanding, especially when things get tough.
- Change the Narrative: When negative thoughts pop up, try to reframe them. Instead of beating yourself up, focus on the positive aspects of who you are and what you’re capable of.
- Remind Yourself of the Good: Fill your mind with positive self-talk. Remind yourself of your strengths, accomplishments, and progress.
- Embrace Your Uniqueness: Don’t waste time comparing yourself to others. You’re on your own journey, and that’s something special. Embrace your quirks, talents, and flaws.
- Celebrate Every Win: Whether big or small, your wins deserve to be celebrated. Take a moment to acknowledge your wins.
- Find the Silver Linings: Look for the good things in your life and express gratitude for them. There’s always something to be thankful for, even in the midst of challenges.
- Who’s Around You Matters: Surround yourself with people who lift you up and bring out the best in you. Good vibes and support from friends can make a world of difference in how you talk to yourself.
- Seek Help When Needed: If negative self-talk is getting overwhelming, don’t hesitate to reach out for support.